Well, I am not in the best condition to write coherently right now because I am sick (yes, perfect time to get sick!). But needless to say, today was a blast and I love my mom so much. Now, allow me to list down today's significant (and not so significant) events:
- I turned 20 years old.
- I finished book #2, The Catcher in The Rye. (And I felt happy inside for doing a good job so far with my book list.)
- I started on book #3, The Mysterious Benedict Society.
- I picked up three parcels from the post office.
- One of them is a book bought by my mom online! She was with me the whole time I was looking for books by Jonathan Safran Foer (I couldn't find "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" at our usual Fully Booked branch)
- I got a Star Wars belt buckle from eBay. I need an actual belt now!
- A vintage boyfriend blazer. I am too lazy to take a decent photo of this so I'll just describe it in two words - SHOULDER PADS.
- My mom bought me a Chinese charm bracelet for good luck.
- I got sick and have been coughing the whole day.
- I also lost my voice. I sound really strange with my low, raspy, sickly voice.
- My mom and I watched "Dear John". It kind of depressed me for a while.
- We had Chinese for dinner. Depression was soon gone, thanks to the Taiwan pechay and lemon chicken we ordered.
- I am now hopeful that by tomorrow morning, this little cough will be gone because I have a date with my close friend, Gabby. It's her birthday tomorrow!
And I have to say, I am so overwhelmed with the amount of greetings I received. So to everyone who made the effort to text, call, message me - THANK YOU SO MUCH! I really appreciate you remembering my birthday. I had a lot of fun with my mom just walking around the mall and eating a lot of food. The parcels were a big, big plus!
ON FINISHING THE CATCHER IN THE RYE: To be completely honest, I finished the book half-assedly. I found the part towards the end a bit dragging already and I was too stubborn to put the book down. I promised myself I'd finish every book I start on this year and that's exactly what I did! But liked the ending though. Now, I'm proud to say I've read a J.D. Salinger book! (I won't get weird looks anymore and those "Oh my gosh! You haven't read The Catcher in The Rye? Seriously?!" lol)